Wednesday, April 8, 2015

I love books!!!

I love to read! When I grew up I was always getting in trouble for reading under the covers with my flashlight. Since 2008 I have made a yearly goal to read 50 books. Fifty books in one year!

  • 2008 - 32 books read
  • 2009 - 34 books read
  • 2010 - 40 books read
  • 2011 - 44 books read
  • 2012 - 28 books read
  • 2013 - 31 books read
  • 2014 - 28 books read
  • 2015 - 14 books currently finished

I was so close in 2011 to reaching the goal. So I am trying again this year. Reaching my goal weight this year is my number one goal though. I have currently read 14 books this year and have been stuck on 15. It is a long book and it is very detailed. I am hoping to finish it this week. These are the books I have read in 2015 and am currently reading. :)

  1. Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel
  2. Girl on a Train by Paula Hawkins
  3. I'll Be Seeing You by Mary Higgins Clark
  4. It's Not Him, It's You: Taking Charge of Your Love and Sex Life by Laura Berman
  5. Guilty Wives by James Patterson & David Ellis
  6. Unlucky 13 by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro
  7. 12th of Never by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro
  8. 11th Hour by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro
  9. The Guard by Kiera Cass
  10. The Elite by Kiera Cass
  11. Looking for Alaska by John Green
  12. Don't Look Back by Jennifer Armentrout
  13. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  14. Wonder by R. J. Palacio
  15. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (currently reading)


I do read self help books and have read the following books about either weight loos or trying to look at the brighter side of things.
  • Kiss That Frog!: 12  Great Ways to Turn Negatives into Positives in you Life and Work by Brian Tracy & Christina Tracy Stein
  • This is Why Your Fat (And How to Get Thin Forever): Eat More, Cheat More, Lose More - and Keep the Weight Off by Jackie Warner
  • Weight Loss For People Who Feel Too Much: A 4-Step, 8-Week Plan to Finally Lose Weight, Manage Emotional Eating, and Find Your Fabulous Self by Colette Baron-Reid
  • The Running Experiment: A Weekly Walk Away From the Sofa by Kristann Monaghan
  • Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It by Gary Taubes
  • Muscle Medicine: The Revolutionary Approach to Maintaining, Strengthening, and Repairing Your Muscles and Joints by Rob DeStefano

All of them have been educational. I have learned things from each of the weight loss or health books, but I didn't find any of them amazing. They were good and I have learned things from each of them. I would recommend Kiss That Frog! to everyone. It is a book that I might even re-read!


Currently I am two book clubs; a breakfast book club and a wine book club. The Breakfast Book Club meets once a month for breakfast to discuss a book one of the members picked. I have been in this one for over seven years. My wine book club meets approximately 3-4 times a year to discuss a book and enjoy wine. I enjoy having new authors and books introduced to me. Plus who doesn't love breakfast and wine?!?!


What are you currently reading? Do you have a favorite self help book?


No comments:

Post a Comment