Tuesday, September 15, 2015

September in Review

I cannot believe we are half way through September. It is amazing to me how time goes by so quickly now. So here is how the month has gone so far me.

September 2nd - I was supposed to get together with my brother, sister-in-law, and my sister-in-laws sister & husband for cake for my brother's birthday. However, my sister-in-laws sister's water broke early that morning. They had a beautiful baby girl!

Labor Day Weekend - I planned on ordering pizza on Friday night and watching a movie. I did order pizza, but my friend Phoebe came over. We indulged in pizza and enjoyed some great conversation. It was great to see her! When I woke up Saturday I still wanted to watch a movie so I watched three!!! It was a very lazy day, but so marvelous. The week before I had gone to see War Room with some friends from church so I watched some of the Kendrick brother's other movies. I ended up watching Fireproof, Heat, and Courageous. I also did some coloring, watched the last two episodes of Psych, and did a little bit of reading.


On Sunday I went to church and then ran some errands. My air conditioner is broke and it was hot and humid so I went shopping. I also stopped by Lowe's to price some things and get some paint samples. Later that evening my brother and sister-in-law stopped by for a quick visit after visiting their beautiful new niece. Labor Day I went to lunch with my Mom, did some grocery shopping, food prep, and some other things around the house. 


It is hard to tell with the bad lighting, but there are a lot of blues in there. My final decision may be made this week. We will see. I am so indecisive when it comes to this kind of stuff. 

Monday morning I also made my new favorite... Almond Butter Pancakes! I love these! I had some turkey sausage with them for a little added protein. I have made them in a skillet and the oven. Baking them in the oven is a lot quicker and easier! So delicious!!!


I started getting up at 5am the first week of September to do morning workouts! Just so you know... I am NOT a morning person. I generally get up between 9-10am on the weekends. This has been an adjustment for me. However, I really like getting my workout done first thing in the morning. It also means I am doing my workouts. The week of September 1st I worked out four times and this past week I worked out 6 times. Boom!

September 10th - We had a golf outing at work supporting a local charity. It was my first time really being on a golf course and seeing people golf. It was also my first time driving the golf cart. Look at all of the things I am learning/trying. 

September 12th - Saturday morning I stayed home and worked out. It was almost a 2 hour workout! My trainer dared my to do 100 burpees. She does this on purpose because she knows I will do it or do my best to do it. They weren't all at once, but I did 100 bosu burpees. I believe she does it so I remember how far I have come. 


Later Saturday afternoon my power went out. Apparently a squirrel wanted to play in the substation and killed the power for over four thousand of us. Bet he regrets it now! Either way I got ready for my friends surprise party in the dark and called a cab.  My garage doors are electric and there is no other way in the garage. I made it to the surprise party in plenty of time and loved seeing how surprised she was with her family and friends surrounding her. 

How has the first part of your September gone? Have you tried anything new?

1 comment:

  1. Great Job!! September is going pretty good so far. I love the fact that I have two challenges going this month it is helping to push me.

    ReplyDelete