Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September Favorites

Every month I plan on posting more and instead, I post less. I promise to get better at this. My divorce is supposed to be final in a couple weeks and I have been just trying to deal with all of the emotion I feel towards it. Even though he has been gone for five months it is still a shock to me. So I take it one day at a time and am focusing on finding my "new normal." I'll have to get into everything in more detail in October.

Here are some of the things I have been loving this month!

1. Happier Podcast - This was on Peanut Butter Fingers blog and I started listening to it a couple of weeks ago and am loving it. Gretchen Rubin and her sister, Elizabeth Craft, give tips on how to be "happier" in approximately thirty minutes. For example, if you can do something in 60 seconds or less just do it.

2. Almond Butter Pancakes - What isn't to love about a healthy pancake! These are healthy, easy to make, and taste delicious! My ex-husband would NOT eat breakfast after 11am so I have been breaking the rules and eating breakfast for dinner. Plus they are great warmed up or you can freeze them. Rockstar status!


3. Truth Jar - I may have mentioned this before, but my brother's wife, Emily, made me a truth jar. I love it! It is a mason jar stuffed full of "truths" for me to read whenever I need one. I take one whenever I feel I need a boost or a little love. These are marvelous. Some days it is exactly what I need! Today's truth was "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you." Isaiah 43:2

 

4. Downton Abbey - I just started watching this show recently. I don't know why I am so late to this, but I have been enjoying it.


5. Hot Apple Cider - Nothing says fall like a glass of hot apple cider. I made some this past weekend and it was marvelous! I am looking forward to a couple more glasses.


What have your favorites been this month? 

No comments:

Post a Comment