Sunday, July 19, 2015

Run Against Hunger 5K

I decided to sign up to run a Run Against Hunger 5K alone on July 11th. It was something I wanted to do on my own without any support. At least I thought I did. My Mom and Aunt Mary decided to come and cheer me on that morning. Thank God! I really needed them there more than I knew.

I started to get nervous the night before and was even more nervous that morning. Thankfully the 5K was only a few minutes from my house. I did get there around 8:00 am to pick up my packet and get mentally prepared. My Mom and Aunt Mary showed up about 5 minutes before the race, which really made me feel great! It was nice to have someone there cheering me on after the past few months.


I started the race hoping to get under 40 minutes. The couple other times I ran outside I ran under 40 minutes; however, I wasn't sure how I would do. The times I did run outside I walked more frequently, but I believe I was running faster than on my treadmill. My plan was to just do my best. In the end I ran the race in 39:08:17. My best time yet!


Considering everything that has been going on in my life since the beginning of May I am really happy with this time! I am proud that I signed up for the race and did it! I have definitely fallen off the wagon and have been struggling lately, but I refuse to give up. I promise there is a post coming soon on what has been going on these past few months. 

What have you done recently that you are proud of? Let me know in the comments below!







2 comments:

  1. Yay you! And you look fantastic running, which is a hard feat to pull off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was just happy I met my goal! And that my Mom and Aunt were there for me.

      Delete