Sunday, March 11, 2018

Rolling Downhill

My food the past week and a half was not good. The last week of February, I had prepped salads for lunch all week and a couple for dinner. However, Monday after my first few bites I felt nauseas and threw my salad away. Unfortunately after that I couldn't stomach the thought of eating a salad. On top of this I woke up with a cold on Tuesday morning. I ended up ordering in most of the week, which was not a good thing.


It was also a busy week and I did not get to bed at a decent time. I woke up late and exhausted almost every morning. So on top of not eating nutritiously, I was not getting my workouts in for the week. This combination of not eating well and not working out is equivalent to a baby who is tired and fighting a nap.  I may have been cranky and craving carbs and sweets. 


It ends up being a vicious cycle. On my way home last week I was thinking about how I needed a workout, but I was so tired. I was exhausted and not eating nutritiously, which continues the cycle of not feeling well and being tired. I was headed downhill and needed to slow my roll. Thankfully I had prepared my favorite chili for the week and I had a workout with Lyndsey on Wednesday night. 

While my food and workouts were not great this week I was able to slow my roll. I may have rolled downhill a little bit, but I am picking myself back up. This week I have my second favorite meal prepared for lunches and a bagged salad for dinner. I am more prepared this week and beginning to climb back up the hill. Again! It isn't easy, but it is worth it.

Monday - 30 minute walk/run
Tuesday - 60 minute strength (Tuesday)
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - 30-40 minute Tabata
Friday - 30 minute walk/run
Saturday - 90 minute strength 
Sunday - Rest

I won't lie. I am a little uneasy putting this out there for everyone to see, but it gives me some accountability. Plus my goal is 4 or more workouts a week. This week at work will be crazy, but hopefully having a plan will help. Time to get 'er done!

~Stephanie~

2 comments:

  1. Good job Steph! Way to have a game plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just have to keep picking myself back up. :)

      Delete