Saturday, March 17, 2018

Negative Thoughts to Gratitude Thoughts

As my work day ended, the comparison and negative thoughts began. No one should do the comparison game or think negatively about themselves. We should be full of the good things. We should be full of love, encouragement, gratitude, and beauty. 

So as I sat down to relax and watch This Is Us I shifted my focus from the negative to feelings of gratitude. I may have cried. Between This Is Us and feeling so full of gratitude it couldn't be helped.  

As I began to switch my negative thoughts to gratitude thoughts, my friends A and C came to mind. We've been friends for years, but these past three through it all. They've loved me. Encouraged me. Cried with me. Listened to me. Laughed with me. Called me out when I needed it and so much more. 


My eyes may be leaking now as I write this and think about them. I am grateful that C works with me a few months out of the year. Even if she scares me sometimes as she pokes her head over the cubicle wall or gives me "the look" to check my attitude. I am grateful for our laughs, dancing, tears, long conversations, fears, and having each others back. 

I love them and so grateful to have them for friends. And the point of all of this is to say as I thought over my gratitude for having these two amazing, beautiful women in my life the negative and lonely thoughts went away. It changed my attitude and I may have sent them a love you snap. 

If you have these negative thoughts stop, look around and think about the things you are grateful for in life. There are so many things. 

~Stephanie~

1 comment:

  1. Friends are the best. Where would we be without them. God has blessed us with so much we should always be GRATEFUL!! Well said.

    ReplyDelete