Sunday, July 10, 2016

Check-In: 2016 Goals

To be honest I have NOT done well with my goals so far this year, but I figured it would probably do me some good to look back over them. While I am a bit disappointed in not being where I would like to be with these goals right now; I am not going to beat myself up. 

The beginning of the year was very difficult for me, which can be seen in a previous post. I was depressed and angry. I was not living. I was coloring, watching lots of TV, and binge eating. So while I am not where I want to be with the goals I made at the beginning of the year... I am living again. I am cooking, working out, reading, cleaning my house, and so much more. 


So with that said... here are the goals I made at the beginning of 2016. Let's take a look... 

2016 Goals
  • READ 50 BOOKS
    • I have currently read 18 books and I am 8 books behind schedule.  
  • RUN 5K (run the whole thing)
    • I walked a 5k this weekend with my family (Mom, brother, & SIL). To be honest I have not felt like running... so I haven't made it a priority. There are different reasons for that feeling, but after not working out and finally getting back in the swing of things I am just happy I am moving again. 
  • READ & PRAY 10 MINUTES/DAY FOR 4 DAYS/WEEK (at least 4 days/week)
    • This seems to come & go... I do well and then I don't do well. Part of it was that I wasn't feeling the Psalms so I am currently reading Matthew. I am not doing well with this yet again. :( 
  • BETTER WITH FINANCES
    • Again... Not as well as I want! I haven't been using YNAB or budgeting like I am supposed to and should be doing. SHAME! :( However, it is something I am thinking about. I did take FPU (Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey) at my church this spring. It was a great class and I highly recommend it. 
  • REACH GOAL WEIGHT (135 lbs)
    • Alright ya'll... this is something I am currently getting back into the swing of things. I have gained a lot of the weight I had originally lost back over this past year. I have been angry and depressed over this... However, after seeing a picture of myself about month ago I have gotten back on track. I will do an updated post on this if you want to stay tuned. :)
  • 75+ BLOG POSTS
    • Well if you keep up on the blog you know this hasn't happened. This is actually my 11th post of the year so I am only 25-ish posts behind. Gulp! 

WHERE ARE YOU AT WITH THE GOALS/RESOLUTIONS YOU MADE FOR 2016??

2 comments:

  1. In the Jewish tradition we give ourselves a full year to mourn a loss. And a divorce is certainly a loss. Be easier on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It certainly has been rough this past year, but it has been nice to get back to working out and eating right. :)

      Delete