Tuesday, January 12, 2016

2015 Recap & 2016 Goals


As usual I am late with this post. December was a whirlwind for me. I didn't expect the holidays to be as difficult as they were for me. I think between being busier at work, trying to catch up after vacation, and the emotions of the holidays I didn't take the time to think about next year. However, I caught a cold and finally sat down to reflect and think about this next year. 

Let's get 2015 over with first. 

2015 Goals
  • READ 50 BOOKS
  • RUN 5K IN UNDER 40 MINUTES
  • REACH GOAL WEIGHT 135
    • Workout 5x week
    • 2 cheat meals per week
    • Freeze more meals
    • Win a DietBet

Short & sweet? This year didn't happen. I am not beating myself up over it. I have been through hell this year and I am still standing. 

In the end, I did read 37 books. It was more than I thought I would read after not being able to read for weeks after Brandon left. I also ran a 5k in under 40 minutes. Other than that it just didn't happen. My weight has slowly gone up, I didn't read the 50 books, and there was a goal of working on my marriage, but that goal was obviously removed. 


I am not sure what 2016 holds, but I am hoping for an amazing year. This year I have decided to do quarterly check-ins on my yearly and list ways to work on these goals. So here is what I have for 2016! 

2016 Goals
  • READ 50 BOOKS
    • 12-13 books every 3 months
  • RUN 5K (run the whole thing)
    • Sign up for 2-3 5k's
    • Learn how to use my Garmin & then use it :)
  • READ & PRAY 10 MINUTES/DAY FOR 4 DAYS/WEEK (at least 4 days/week)
  • BETTER WITH FINANCES
    • Use YNAB
    • Do 30 Day No Spending Challenge
  • REACH GOAL WEIGHT (135 lbs)
    • "Give up" certain foods
    • DietBet 
    • Biggest Looser (work challenge)
    • quarterly check-ins
    • Log daily in MyFitness Pal
    • Workout 4+days/week
    • Cook for myself
  • 75+ BLOG POSTS
    • Weight loss blogs
    • Divorce blogs
    • Positivity blogs

So there we have it... We'll see what happens! 


I don't know if I will do monthly goals and recap as I have in the past. I may just do every three months and keep you up to date on what I am doing. Stay tuned! 

What goals did you accomplish in 2015? What goals do you have in 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment