Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Not Lucky, Blessed

I can only speak from a person going through a divorce, but I can tell you that with my divorce one thing that drives me nuts is people telling me I am "lucky." Am I? It sure does not feel like it. My world was ripped apart and you think I am lucky? It's not luck! This is a divorce and no matter what you think, it is ugly.

One day you are going to a movie thinking he has been acting weird all weekend. The next day he tells you "I'm done." Things are just over. Your best friend, your lover, your roommate, your husband are just gone along with the plans and dreams you had for your future. You struggle to just keep going. 


So no... I am not lucky; I am blessed. To be honest I have come to hate hearing the word "lucky." Nothing about divorce or any tragedy for that matter is lucky.

I consider myself blessed with the circumstances of my divorce. I am blessed to not have children, to not have to see or talk to him, to have the actual divorce proceedings go as well as they did, etcetera. These were just some of the blessings in this storm. My thanks and praise will continue for the blessings that have come and continue to come even through all the losses.


3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's context, but I think a divorce is hard, even when it's easy. I wouldn't call that lucky or blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the divorce part was easy or blessed. I do think that there were blessings in my storm though.

      Delete
  2. Maybe it's context, but I think a divorce is hard, even when it's easy. I wouldn't call that lucky or blessed.

    ReplyDelete