Monday, June 22, 2015

New Experiences

If you have read my previous posts you know life has been crazy these past 6 weeks. Eventually I will share what is happening, but I am just not ready yet. The good news is I have some amazing family and friends and they have been with me every step of the way. God bless every one of them!

I have been staying very busy, but here are some of things I have been up to over the past month. The first is coloring! Yes, I said coloring. My friend, Angie, told me about these adult coloring books. So one night Lyndsey, Angie, and I had a drink and colored. Needless to say I haven't stopped since then. I have been coming home coloring and watching Friends for weeks. I am apparently the only person who hasn't watched Friends and I fell in love with it. So that has been my therapy!



One weekend I kind of pushed myself on my friend & trainer, Lyndsey. You think I would think something like that through! She is a trainer! I figured her family and I would just hang out. Oh no! Not her! Sit around? HA! So she told me we were going kayaking. Ugh, what? I don't swim very well and the thought of getting in a dinky boat in water was not appealing. She of course talked me into it. When I told my Mom the first question she asked me was "Do you have life insurance?"

So Saturday it was raining so Lyndsey thought we'd paint nails unless it cleared up. Paint nails? Game on! However, by the time evening rolled around it was beautiful out. So needless to say she fed me an amazing meal and we headed out. I was scared! I did a circle or two before catching on to what Lyndsey told me. It wasn't until about half way through our circle around the lake that I relaxed. I would definitely do it again. It would be nice to know how to swim though! :)



When we got back to Lyndsey's house that night she made us Frozen Pineapple Whip for dessert. This was amazing! It was so refreshing! I really need to get a food processor so I can make this every night in the summer! :) 


This Saturday I went strawberry picking with my one of my favorite kids, Addison! Lyndsey, Addison (Lyndsey's daughter), and I went to pick strawberries this past Saturday! I got quite a bit. I love Michigan strawberries! LOVE! I have some already cut up for my greek yogurt and granola this week! I am going to freeze some too!


Have you done anything new lately? Tried anything new?



1 comment:

  1. I feel like everyone I know is doing this adult coloring thing. I just use my kid's books!

    ReplyDelete