Sunday, February 25, 2018

Food Prep

A few weeks ago I decided to start get prepping individual meals so meals would be easier. One reason I thought to do this was my Mom ruptured her disc right before Christmas and was in extreme pain. She wasn't able to get around well so I for a couple weeks I prepped individual meals for her so it would be as easy as possible. Thankfully she is doing better, but I realized how nice it would be to have my own meals ready to go. 


I have been really trying to prep on Sunday nights these past couple of weeks. My week nights have been pretty busy. If I don't have food ready and have to think about what to do I end up ordering in Jimmy John's for lunch and pizza for dinner. After a really bad week almost a month ago I decided to do individual meals like I did for my Mom.

For Christmas I got these awesome containers from my friend & trainer, Lyndsey. I am not sure if these are the exact ones, but they look like it. I prepped salads in these containers and loved it. It was easy to measure all of the ingredients and keep my veggies, spinach, and chicken separate. 


The first week I did the salads for lunch and something random for dinner. Dinner was prepped, but individually. Last week I measured it all out individually for lunches and dinners. It took some time, but it was so nice! I didn't have to think about it during the week and was able to stay on track. 

There is still have a long ways to go, but this has been working for me. I definitely will need to think of ways to change it up, but I am really enjoying the salads for lunch right now. The nutrition is the hardest part for me. 

What are your favorite healthy meals? 

~Stephanie~






No comments:

Post a Comment